Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mixed Media Art


It's been awhile since I posted.  I have been busy with projects for family and friends. I just finished this project yesterday. It's for an IKEA mirror challenge being done by a potters group that a friend is in. She suggested that I  do one and apparently I'm not the only non-potter that is submitting work for the challenge.  I actually had 3 of these mirror's in my studio already because I had wanted to do something like this with them.  I am working on a second one with sea shells on it.

I took an IKEA mirror and added lace, ribbon, metal, fabric, wood objects to it.  I then gesso'd the whole thing.  Next I sprayed several colors of Tattered Angels glimmer mist and Lindy Stamp Gang starburst sprays to add color to the piece.  This is the direct influence of Finnabair - I believe she is Norwegian.  Her name is Anna Dabrowska - but her blog is titled Finnabair.

Everything on the piece has meaning to me. Influenced by people both present and past in my life.

It's not visible in my photos but I also colored seam binding and added 2 eye hooks to the top - the the piece will hang from the seam binding.  

Tomorrow there will be a photographer at the event to take a photo of everyone's pieces. I will add a group shot to this blog post if I receive one. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment